Various towns and hospitals charge different prices for hernia surgery. Hernia surgery is typically more expensive in private hospitals because of the larger nurse-to-patient ratio, newer technology, and superior infrastructure. Hernia surgery costs generally are lower in reputable government hospitals.
Choosing a surgeon in Bangalore for hernia surgery:
The overall cost of the procedure includes the doctor’s fees for Bangalore hernia surgery. Compared to young doctors or specialists in government institutions, experienced and senior doctors in private clinics typically demand higher service charges and treatment costs.
Hernia surgery types:
Depending on the type of hernia that is there and the type of procedure done, hernia surgery costs may change. In Bangalore, a hernia operation typically costs between 50,000 and 2,000,000. According to the Hernia type, the price might include the following:
- Whenever tissue pushes through the groin muscle, an inguinal hernia results.
- When the stomach presses through the diaphragm muscle in the chest area, a hiatal hernia results.
- An incisional hernia can develop following abdominal surgery due to a scar or the surrounding weak tissue opening up.
- An external groin area femoral hernia happens.
- Babies with umbilical hernia, which causes a protrusion in the belly button, are less than six months old. The surgery is not needed.
The price varies depending on the many surgical procedures performed to repair hernias and may include the following:
- An extensive groin incision is made during open hernia repair surgery, and the hernia is then pushed back into position. In a herniorrhaphy, the margins of the muscle from which the hernia protrudes are stitched together to heal them. Hernioplasty is a surgery that uses a synthetic mesh to strengthen the weak muscle region.
- A tube with a lens on one side and other tiny devices are inserted through several small incisions to perform laparoscopic surgery, a less invasive treatment. Compared to open surgery, the treatment has a speedier recovery, shorter hospital stay, and fewer problems. Laparoscopic surgery involves much higher costs.
- Similar to laparoscopic surgery, robotic hernia surgery uses robotic arms that the physician guides. Due to the utilization of cutting-edge technology and equipment, robotic surgery is even more expensive than traditional surgery.
Hernia surgery risk factor:
The medical team may need to perform an additional surgery or method before or after the primary procedure to control complications in some situations, such as when patients have pre-existing medical conditions, when the case is complicated at the time of the operation, or when complications arise unexpectedly during the procedure. Generally speaking, the patient is always told of the risks before surgery, except for unforeseeable problems. These are extra fees that are added to the hernia surgery expense.
Hernia Surgery or Hernioplasty, is a surgical procedure done to repair an enlarged tissue which has protruded through a weak spot or opening in the surrounding muscle. Various surgical options available are, Open Hernia Repair / Laparoscopic removal / Robotics
Like any other surgery, Hernia surgery also has some amount of risk. There are two types of hernia
- Inguinal hernia- comparatively less complex, in this the groin area muscle usually gets enlarged and hence have to be surgically treated.
- Complex Hernia - In complex hernia surgery involves totally reconstructing the new tissues or grafting or flaps to repair the weakened area. In a few cases, the doctor puts a mesh to join the tissues.
In Majority of the cases, hernia repair may require surgical intervention.
Females are equally prone to have a hernia, a few common types of hernia are
- Inguinal Hernia- less common in females.
- Femoral Hernia- common in females, mostly post pregnancy near the thigh.
- Umbilical Hernia- very common with females post-pregnancy in the abdomen, most due to child birth.
- Ventral Hernia- May happen in females due to C section or hysterectomy.
We can prevent hernia with lifestyle changes and adopting a healthy lifestyle. But usually, once the tissue or gland is enlarged or it starts to protrude, it is mostly necessary to undergo surgical intervention.
No direct relation of Hernia with erectile dysfunction
Most patients can start to walk in 8-12 hrs post surgery.
It may be noted that patients may see a recurrence of Hernia after surgery, hence patients should avoid lifting heavy goods or doing strenuous activity.
Walking, Routine exercise like swimming, etc. Avoid lifting heavy goods or strenuous exercise.
Sleep as much straight on your back as possible to avoid pressure on your surgical site. You may use a pillow or something below your knees to lift the legs to avoid stretching of the abdomen
Like any other surgery Hernia surgery also has some amount of risk. Hernia is not very complex though. mostly a skilled doctor has extremely positive outcomes.